Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Exploris Wish #6049 >> consolidate multiple stores on inventory control info



Hello Dane

I posted this on MS Excel help forum .... ...click here to see or reply ....

Is there an easy way to do this ? I have a 3 lists of part numbers - some vary on one or more of the lists ... how can I create a 'master list and show which part number is on which list. These lists need to be done regularly -

Thinking I could grab a copy of all parts from all lists -- and filter out duplicates - that gives me a 'complete' series of all numbers. Then I can use a function like VLookup ( I use a Match(Index)) I picked up years ago) to bring the data from each separate list over to the 'master list in the columns that represent which original list they came from.

Wow - that is a lot of work - is there an easier way ? Given this will be an ongoing job and the 3 lists just keep coming.

Any help offered is appreciated.



Do you see the HUGE problem --that Exploris gives me -- in J-Con in multi-store if any one store added the part --it got added to all stores. Not so in Exploris. How do I consolidate these lists into something that looks like this .....


HELP ?? leave a comment ... or e-mail info at dtauto dot ca or call me at 519-322-2558 ... Greg

Note - many jobbers DO NOT do this - but they loose a valuable tool in comparing what ONE store does against another store sales - we can often learn good lessons when we see one store outsell another.

No comments: