Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Interchange -just a suggestion


Wondering out loud here --on INTERCHANGE data ... I am a firm believer that no enough attention is placed on interchange data ( and the lack thereof - or the errors & omissions )

Look at the image ( click to enlarge )
1) the SM5147 is NOT Monroe --it is KYB ...how do these errors occur -and are they wrong for ALL data or did I get lucky and pick the ONLY ONE - I hardly doubt that
2) when we mistakenly key in a GOOD PART NUMBER ( in this case SHK 142413 ) --- gee --why not show the part number in the data ???????? and make life easier for the counter staff

Note sent to Raleigh --any support appreciated.

For this example we used the Activant e-cat as I believe the interchange is still missing from the NexGen e-cat ... hope someone taps me on the shoulder to remind me when the LONG OVER DUE interchange finally makes it to the NexGen e-cat .... in Exploris ( NexPart )

NOTE --it s ONLY Canada has is missing the Interchange in NexGen -- the USA have it -- OK - yet another example of ..well .. you know

No comments: