Tuesday, October 5, 2010

One Again - OFF Again -- is now back - On Again



Something that I never ever knew -- has been on --then turned off ( due to other issues ) - and is now ON AGAIN. What is it? The script in EXPLORIS ( Nexpart by WHI ) that sees a movement code of ZERO - and will set back any re-order point to ZERO as well.

I wrote this piece about an obsolete report ( click Here ) and had Mike Mizelle take the time to write me explaining I am wrong --and guess what --I am wrong. I also appreciate Mike's efforts to help make the info right.

Obsolete Lists were very awkward in J-Con - but in Exploris they have gotten better. However --there is still a ROAD BLOCK - while we WAIT for Toronto to update the movement codes ... we found that Toronto would DELAY updating the codes -and that stops us from having things move as smoothly as Mike says they should - the image with Dorman 210-631 was verified that it was still a mvt code 8 and not a zero today when I called Angella ... hmm ... the report dated Sept 1 2010 and today is Oct 5h

BTW -- I will post the entire comment from Mike in the original post ( Mike was kind enough to OK this - bravo for him )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tracked down the issue on this obsolete update. It was not an intentional holdup on Toronto’s part, but a unfortunate combination of database settings on that part number.

I have fixed that part and several more. You should see it update in the next couple of days.

Thanks again for bringing the issue to our attention,